(March 2008, updated March 2020)
Our Guest House is in the centre of a quiet working village in the very heart of the Cotswolds in beautiful, peaceful countryside and offers three king size bedrooms, one double bedroom and a twin bedroom, all bedrooms with en-suite.
The Guesthouse is over three hundred years old and whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests there are some period features which might make access to some of the rooms on the first floor difficult for people with limited mobility. Access however to the main building and rooms situated within the garden is level. Ceiling is fairly low in the en-suite of the King Luxury room, but all other rooms have normal hight ceilings and doors. The Garden rooms contain baths with showers contained within them and all the other rooms have walk-in showers. Parts of the Guest House are of typical cottage proportions and not all are suitable for wheelchair users.
- We are located in the centre of the village next to one of the local pubs (The Farmers Arms) and parking is available in the village square immediately adjacent to the Guest House. Our village whilst being beautiful and peaceful is fairly remote and not ideally suited to those travelling without a transport.
- We have two pubs in the village (The Hollow Bottom and The Farmers Arms), a Post Office/Tea Shop, and a Farm/Coffee shop in the village all adjacent to the Guest House. The nearest large shops are approximately 6 miles away at Stow on the Wold, Bourton on the Water and Winchcombe, then Cheltenham is approximately 12 miles away.
- The bus stop is situated at the end of the Guest House and offers a once a week bus service into Cheltenham, that operates every Tuesday morning.
- The nearest railway stations are Kingham, Moreton in Marsh and Cheltenham Spa – all of which are approximately 16 miles away. Taxis are best booked in advance at Moreton and Kingham, but usually available at Cheltenham Spa station.
- There are a few local taxi companies, none of which are situated in Guiting Power though we can supply details or make bookings in advance for you (please give us plenty of notice).
- Unfortunately we are unable to accept guests accompanied by any type of animal except Guide Dogs.
- Brochures and menus can be provided in large print if required. We regret we do not have facilities to prepare documents in Braille.
- Our website guitingguesthouse.com provides pictures of some of our accommodation, further information about other services we offer, as well as information and links for some of the local attractions.
- You can contact us by telephone, text or e-mail. Please see the “Contact Information” section of this document for full details.
Arrival and Car Parking
- If you are going to arrive outside normal check in times please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we can be sure we are here.
- To ensure your accommodation is ready we ask that guests arrive between the hours of 4 pm and 6 pm . Earlier arrival may however be possible by arrangment, please call 01451 850470 for more details.
- Parking is available in the Square, opposite the Post Office or in the parking bays outside the cottages, which is approximately 75 metres from Guiting Guest House front door.
- There are two steps at the front-gate – one of 1 inch and the other of 3 inches in height but no others leading to the front door of the premises.
- There is a slight lip at the front door.
- The front door is normally closed so please ring upon your arrival.
Guest Accommodation – Public Areas
- The main Guest House, on the ground floor contains the Dining Room which is situated directly off the entrance hall. There are no steps into the Dining Room.
- The entrance hall leads directly to the main staircase which leads to the rooms on the first floor.
- The reception is also situated in the entrance hall along with visitor information displayed on the entrance hall table.
- There are 13 stairs to the first floor; there is a hand rail on the right hand side of these stairs. The stairs are carpeted.
- We have three guest bedrooms on the first floor
- There is also one step to gain access to bedroom 3
- Guests are welcome to use the Breakfast Room after breakfast by arrangement.
- Breakfast is served in the Breakfast Room, between 8am-9.30am.
- The Breakfast Room has a wooden floor and contains five round tables with accompanying chairs for guests. There is also a large inglenook fireplace with an open fire – used during the colder months.
- All bedrooms are carpeted throughout.
- All rooms have remote controlled colour televisions.
- Tea selections and coffee facilities, fresh fruit, biscuits and bottled water are provided in each bedroom.
- In each room we also provide complimentary toiletries, a hair dryer, additional heater, additional blankets, bath robes, Echo Dot, clothes iron and ironing boards, a fridge and fresh flowers. Sewing kits can be provided if requested.
- Our beds are normally made with duvets (either feather or synthetic). Pillows are also a mixture of feather and synthetic.
- Synthetic duvets are available if preferred- please let us know in advance of your arrival.
- There is a wardrobe, chest of drawers, dressing table and sitting chair in each room.
- There is a Guest Information Folder in each bedroom which contains further information about the Guest House, the village, local attractions, breakfast menus and fire procedures etc.
- There are en-suite facilities in rooms 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. Bedrooms 1, 2 and 3 have showers, WCs and wash hand basins. Bedrooms 4 and 5 have showers over baths, WCs and wash hand basins.
- Forge Cottage is let on a self-catering basis and has two bedrooms. One bedroom has en-suite facilities consisting of shower, WC and wash hand basin, the other bedroom has a separate private bathroom on the same landing as the bedroom and consists of shower over a bath, WC and wash hand basin.
Bedroom locations and bed sizes
- Bedroom 1 (Double Room with en-suite) is to the left at the top of the stairs on the first floor. This room has a wooden four-poster bed, 4ft 6in double bed with access from both sides.
- Bedroom 2 (Deluxe Room with en-suite) is straight ahead at the top of the stairs on the first floor. This room has a 5ft king size double bed with access from both sides
- Bedroom 3 (Luxury Room with en-suite) is to the right at the top of the stairs at the top of the stairs on the first floor. This room has a 5ft king size double bed with access from both sides.
- Bedroom 4 (King Four Poster Garden room with en-suite) is in the courtyard, has no steps to gain access and has doors wide enough for most wheelchair access. This room has a 5ft four-poster double bed with access from both sides.
- Bedroom 5 (Twin Garden Room with en-suite) is in the courtyard, has no steps to gain access and has doors wide enough for most wheelchair access. This room has two single 3ft 3in beds with access from both sides.
- The Small Bedroom in Forge Cottage is at the top of the stairs along the first floor landing. This room has a Zip and Link bed that can be either a King or Twin bed with access from both sides.
- The Master Bedroom in Forge Cottage is at the top of the stairs along the first floor landing. This room has a 6ft sleigh-bed with access from both sides.
- We have a garden located at the front of the Guest House with lawns, borders and flower beds.
- Guests are welcome to enjoy our garden at all times.
- Access to the garden is via the front door from the main Guest House or directly from the Garden Rooms.
- Tables and chairs are situated in the garden for guests to use.
- We operate an adults only Guest House.
- There are fire extinguishers on the ground floor and first floor landing at the top of the stairs.
- Fire evacuation procedures are to be found in the welcome/information packs in each room and in the event of a fire we will alert guests either verbally or an alarm will sound. Please advise us if you have a hearing impairment.
- The main building can be evacuated via the front door at the bottom of the guest stairs.
- The garden rooms can be evacuated via the door on the same level to the front garden.
- We do not permit smoking in the main house or the garden rooms but you may smoke discreetly in the garden, away from the house. Please request an ashtray. If guests are found to have smoked inside the Guest House or Cottage, you will be kindly asked to leave without refund, and you will be liable for any damage occurred to soft furnishings etc….
- A Fire Risk Assessment is available on request.
- We are happy to cater for special diets or any specific likes or dislikes. It is very important that all guests notify us of any allergies they have. Please advise us of these on booking and before your arrival.
- We are happy to refrigerate any medication. We can also keep any perishables in our fridge/freezer for a limited period.
- We provide free fast WiFi access as mobile phone reception at the Guest House and in the village is limited with only some networks operating. Guests are welcome to use our landline in the event of an emergency and we are happy to take messages for guests.
- Address: Guiting Guest House, Guiting Power, Gloucestershire GL54 5TZ
- Telephone number: 01451 850470 (answerphone service available).
- E-mail address: [email protected]
- Website: guitingguesthouse.com
If you require further details or have any comments about the services we provide please do not hesitate to contact us.